Shelton Location: The Shelter
Turning Pointe operates one of the largest domestic violence shelters in Washington State
The average stay at the shelter is 60 days but we allow clients to stay for up to 90 days. We offer housing referrals and assistance finding employment. We continue to provide advocacy and supportive services after survivors transition to more permanent housing for as long as they are in need.
Our facility provides private rooms for families that are set up as small suites with a kitchenette, beds and furniture. We have additional adjoining rooms with beds that are linked for larger families.
We have a large community kitchen, an adult, teen, and children lounge, fenced and secure outdoor spaces with play sets, a basketball court, patios, outdoor furniture, barbeques and pet kennels. We also have a food pantry, clothing bank and basic supplies including pet food and diapers.
54 bed shelter
Clients can stay up to 90 days
Full communal kitchen
Access to computer resources
Do You Need Help?
One of the Largest Domestic Violence Shelters in Washington State
Average Days Clients Stay at the Shelter
Donate Items: Shelter Needs List
We are unable to accept any open containers.
Contact 360-426-1216 if you have questions regarding appropriate shelter donations.
Shelter (Outdoor) Needs
- Children's Toys
- Soaker Hose
- Garden Shovels
- Wasp, Ant and Bug killer
- Cleaning Rags
Pet Lodging Area Needs
- Flea Treatment - For dogs and cats
- Large Plastic Trash Cans with lids
- Treats - For dogs and cats
- Kitty Litter and Pans
- Dishes - For pet food and water
- Pet Hygiene - Shampoo, nail clippers, hair brushes
- Bathing Material - water hose/spray nozzles, scrub brushes, towels, buckets
- Collars and Leashes - For dogs and cats
- Pooper scooper & baggies
Shelter (in House) Needs
- Non Perishable Foods (fruit, soups)
- Phone and Gift Cards - Walmart, Fred Meyer, Safeway.
- Bedding & pillows - Full & twin size.
- Towels - Bath towels, washcloths, handtowels.
- Cleaning Supplies - High efficiency laundry soap, bleach, fabric softener, stain remover, automatic and regular dishwashing liquid, dustpans and brooms.
- Paper Products - Paper plates, napkins & face tissues.
- Unused Personal Hygiene Products and Undergarmets - Socks, slippers, bras, underwear, nail clippers, nail polish remover, deoderant, bar soap, feminine hygiene products, shaving cream, razors, toothbrush/past, etc.
- Hair Products - Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, brushes & combs.
- Kids Supplies - Baby bottles, shampoo, body wash, baby wipes, diapers and pullups, birthday gifts for boys and girls all ages and sizes.
- School Supplies (August only) -Backpacks, notebooks, markers, glue sticks, planners, color crayons, calculators, colored pencils, pens, pencils etc.
- DVD Movies - Rated G through PG13
- Handheld Children Games - For children waiting to testify in court or long appointments; ie coloring books, activity books etc
- Gaming Systems & Games - For teenagers
Thanks for listening and believing me. No one wants to believe men are victims or that men need help, but we do.
I truly am grateful for all your hard work making sure survivors have a safe place. Thank you.
Thank you for calming me down and listening. I have been living with this violence for over 10 years and have never told anyone. You made my heart smile today. Thank you for caring.
Be a part of making our shelter rooms warm and welcoming for the women, men and children that come to us seeking safety.
Families often times come to us with nothing but the clothes they are wearing.
When they finally are able to enter their room, we want them to feel welcomed and cared for. Because of you, we can have a few special items in the room (blankets, area rugs, throw pillows) that they may take with them after their shelter stay.